The Badminton Herald

Bringing in badminton news and views to the grass roots..

I AM A BADMINTON GEEK...

"I had this intention of sweating out excess fat in exchange for the fun of whacking shuttlecocks in midair. The first time I stepped into a badminton court, I got that... and more! -The Bad Geek 2007

Subscribe

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Skill Plateau

;

I thought I had it. Most of my co-players were sugar sweet telling me I improved a lot, in two months time of playing badminton. My drop shots, shot selection and my foot work seemed ok. I also wondered why my smashes are a little bit hard to return now. Now i can beat a few of the veteran players who tortured me on the court during my first games, and then some. Gave me some confidence. I knew It's wasn't the winning that matters, but the skill improvement.Plus the weight loss.

But when I missed 5 days of playing I lost my touch. i couldn't return a decent shot. I felt I'm dragging myself whenever there a clear shot I can make. funny is, I couldn't even pass a shot. And oh, my muscles where really sore. Darn it, is this the "plateau"?

I have read every information i can hold on badminton and learned that if you want to improved your skill, you have to have a solid training program. there's a big difference between a weekend warrior and a tourney junkie. You will get what you trained for. Simple.

Most veteran players say it's notjust on court training that matters, but the off court training is as essential as well. The hardest thing you will do on your own. So a coach or trainor is necessary. Should I get one?maybe.

Still not happy with what you read? Couldn't understand something in the article? Or simply you want to SEARCH some more? Type in here:

0 comments:

Post a Comment



Post a Comment

Welcome to The Badminton Herald! Feel free to comment (hopefully in English) so we can all understand in each other. Let me know if I can help you with badminton.