The Badminton Herald

Bringing in badminton news and views to the grass roots..

I AM A BADMINTON GEEK...

"I had this intention of sweating out excess fat in exchange for the fun of whacking shuttlecocks in midair. The first time I stepped into a badminton court, I got that... and more! -The Bad Geek 2007

Subscribe

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Sudirman Cup:Fighting for the Second Best Team

;

 With the latest sweep of the Sudirman Cup (World Badminton Team Championships) by China, I wonder where else could this team be ever defeated. They played so dominantly, it has been awhile before they'd be beaten in this cup. They held on to this cup for eight years and was only beaten in the finals once by Korea in 1994.

I wasn't able to watch all of the matches (which you can download in videos in badminton central) but I did see Men's Singles Finals and Mens Doubles finals on Solar Sports TV. The Chinese players (Lin Dan especially) were all in their best form and skills. No wonder they beat almost everyone in the tournament.


Rumor has it that with the Sudirman Cup, all the other teams are vying for is the second best. Now, we know why.

So where to next now? World Championships?

Still not happy with what you read? Couldn't understand something in the article? Or simply you want to SEARCH some more? Type in here:

0 comments:

Post a Comment



Post a Comment

Welcome to The Badminton Herald! Feel free to comment (hopefully in English) so we can all understand in each other. Let me know if I can help you with badminton.