The Badminton Herald

Bringing in badminton news and views to the grass roots..

I AM A BADMINTON GEEK...

"I had this intention of sweating out excess fat in exchange for the fun of whacking shuttlecocks in midair. The first time I stepped into a badminton court, I got that... and more! -The Bad Geek 2007

Subscribe

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Winnning championships in badminton, Bad Geek edition.

;

So I won my first local area championship game in one year of playing.But it was never my first championship match.

The first one, our team "chickened" after sweeping the eliminations. We went to the finals with an unbeaten record only to be beaten mercilessly in the championship match by the same opponents we beat twice in the elimination. The second championship I figured in was a sweet tasting friendship tournament. We went to the finals with the second best record but still got mangled by our veteran enemies in the decision match. What went wrong? Many things went wrong, and especially for badminton newbies like me, a lot is terribly wrong.

But this years championships is very different. Friendship games or not, collegues or not, I am out to beat my previous self, with my opponents as the unhappy receiver of my shuttlecocks. After a year of playing and practices, planning out strategies and training, I'm out to test my will, my skills and again push my athletic activity. The highlight of course was the jump smash, a lethal weapon I so happily added to my attacking armamentarium to gain upper hand in any play, without compromising my defense capabilities.

So what went on? Swept the finals, beat our opponents twice and fast, and earned the admiration of our referee. No trophy, medals or any cash prize. Just plain jump smashing practice on court. And I did it. In style.

Still not happy with what you read? Couldn't understand something in the article? Or simply you want to SEARCH some more? Type in here:

0 comments:

Post a Comment



Post a Comment

Welcome to The Badminton Herald! Feel free to comment (hopefully in English) so we can all understand in each other. Let me know if I can help you with badminton.